#97 West Douglas Park – 3201 W Douglas
Background: A portion of this park was once the site of the Old County Hospital and was purchased by the Park Board in 1955.
Interesting note: Douglas Avenue was once called Chicago Avenue.
The shelter was rebuilt in 2011 with new restrooms and a small stage. Local artist Tina Murano designed the mosaic and collaborated with students from Lawrence Elementary. The mosaic is made with durable and vandal resistant materials.
What we did: It was a warm day, when we stopped by this fun little park. The stage and mural are cool. We did not take too many pictures, as a gentleman was taking a nap on one of the benches. The playground was nice, but it appears that coronavirus has shut them down.